Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Independence Day Celebrations 2010

On July 4th some friends from our old church came over with their kids and a friend. They brought the fireworks which they won from the local Christian radio station.

We hadn't seen them since the first birthday of their youngest girl and that was three years ago. They brought a friend who is like their niece and she was expecting her first baby.

She had a baby boy last week. She is so happy. She is beaming through FaceBook with her love for her little baby boy. I haven't seen them in person yet, but the pictures are great.

Here's everyone. The new momma is standing.

It was a cold and windy 4th of July so we were trying to stay warm while we enjoyed the fireworks & Rice Krispie Treats in our front yard.

Here are some pictures of some of the fun fireworks. A little blurry with my camera.





This is what a toy light sabre looks like waving in the dark.





Here are all the kids. They had a great time even though there is an age difference. My daughter invited the girls into her room to play with some of her toys she has hung onto (Littlest Pet Shop, Mini Polly Pockets, etc.) My son had fun taking pictures.

And we can't forget the food. These are some of my summer favorites.

4 comments:

  1. Great day with great friends! I love your fireworks pictures!
    Blessings and prayers,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Nannette~

    I see that some of your summer favorites and mine are the same. Gotta have my watermelon! LOL

    Great fun and great pics!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it wonderful to get together with heart-friends! It sounds like you had a wonderful summer! Be blessed in this new school year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You ~Ron

    ReplyDelete