Sunday, May 2, 2010

Awana Awards Night 2010

Our kids and I have been involved with Awana about ten years now. We just finished another year two weeks ago.

This year's theme was "Run the race". You know, "Pressing on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philipians 3:14?

It's been a fun year and I'm looking forward to next year. I enjoy being the secretary for the T & T group, ages 8 to 11. I actually finished the first book this year. The book is full of scripture to memorize, sections to get a kid into the Bible, all of the books of the Bible are memorized during this book as well. This year I can say I really have the books of the Bible memorized. Before, I always had to stop and think before I could recite them. Now I feel confident I know them.

The background decorations on the stage are long sheets of paper that all of the kids and leaders footprints are on. Yes, we put paint on our feet and took 4 steps. It turned out pretty neat I thought. Also there are about 200 hundred balloons on the stage.I only blew up & tied about ten.

First up we have a picture of my son and his friend because they helped Ms Nan (in red on the left) from momstheword with the SPARKS group, ages five to seven.

These guys got together and sang acapella for the parents and others attending the ceremony. The two on the left are none other than Nan's sons. Boy do these guys sound good together for just starting to practice together earlier that day. God given talent at it's best. Thanks guys.

These are our middle schoolers called TREK. A lot of these clubbers will be going to camp this summer so we are raising funds for that now.

My daughter is in this group on the far right.

Here's H after receiving her certificate.

Well, farewell for now. I pray that all these kids and then some will return to Awana next September with hearts ready for God's Word to come in. Pray for kids everywhere to find their place in God's Kingdom. There's room for everyone!!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great night. I love the idea with the footprints. I hope they are able to raise the money they need for camp. Take care my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS, EVERYONE on such a great year. May you all continue to keep God at the center of you lives!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful church home! And what a wonderful ministery with you and your children! We're trying to find that church home in a new place. It's so important! You are such a blessing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is so neat that you attend church with Nan and vice versa. I love award ceremonies. It is nice to reward the kids for all their hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, it was a fun year! I didn't have to blow up any balloons, lol! H. looks so cute in her haircut, you have got to post a new picture! I'm glad you got that picture of the boys, I forgot my camera that night...as usual, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that's a fun ceremony, congratulation to everyone who received the certificate :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun!
    We have great memories of Awana's! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is wonderful. Great pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to all who participated. Awana is a great opportunity for kids. It seems you have a wonderful church home Nanette! You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete