Thursday, September 10, 2009

Kids Still Not In School

These are collecting dust as are the brains of my children.

Just a quick note to those who know that our school district's teachers have been on strike since August 27th.

My kids have missed ten days of school so far. A judge has ordered the teachers to go back to work. They have refused. Today the judge said that if they don't go back by the 14th the union will be fined $1,500 a day and each teacher will be fined $200 a day.

It's a sad situation for everyone. It would be nice if they could get the things they're asking for. I'm just praying that they can find a compromise that will work for the teachers and the students and the school district.

I'm anxious for my kids to get started. I'm not looking forward to an extended school year and shorter breaks during the year, but that is what will have to happen.

Keep us in your prayers as we continue on in this new journey of our lives.

8 comments:

  1. Hope they resolve their issues soon. At least you know they will probably being going to school on Monday. No one is going to be able to afford that kind of a fine. I'm excited for them to start their new school! I can't wait to hear what they think of it! I'm glad you are enjoying your job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope what the teachers are fighting for is worth it, since kids are paying the price. I'm glad the school district in my area isn't in such a volatile state. Too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, poor things!! I hope school starts soon. Praying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I will be praying it all gets resolved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no. I am sure they are both anxious to get to school too. That is sad. I hope they can come to an agreement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a sad way to start off the NEW school year!

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new JOB! This is just he start of finding your perfect job. This is how I started! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is terrible...being a teacher I can't even imagine...espeically losing $200 a day! Hope they get back soon for everyone's sake!

    ReplyDelete