Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Favorite Things






These are a few of my favorite things.




My favorite Bible verse. It's hard to just select one, but I'll go with Jeremiah 29:11 because it's been sticking with me for a couple years, "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

My favorite pet. We found a Collie in our church parking lot one very cold Sunday when I was in about tenth grade. He just climbed in the car when we opened the door. We took him home. He was pretty old. We named him King. He would greet us with this quivering, howling sound whenever we came home. He was sweet.

I can't leave out my current favorite, Jack, our one year old cat.

My favorite food. CHOCOLATE! Oh is that considered food? If not, I'll go with chicken.

My favorite holiday. Christmas. I just love the way the city decorates and the cookies and candies and cards. I love hearing the story of Jesus' birth. It's an exciting time.

My favorite color. I like color in general, but pink has been a longstanding favorite of mine. Blue and purple too.

My favorite beverage. MOCHA! or Diet Coke or ice tea. I can be so indecisive. Just a quirk in my personality.

My favorite time of day. Late morning.

My favorite sport. Basketball.

My favorite jewel. Diamond.

I think I'll leave it at that. I'm tired and I think I'm getting a cold or something. I'm feeling lousy tonight. Have a blessed Monday.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well! Maybe you got Caroline's cold. I hope you'll be feeling better tomorrow.

    You ever notice that we rarely get to talk on Sundays anymore? I miss that! We're both so busy running around to class or something.

    Your chocolate answer reminds me of your cup of chocolate chips that you brought to the drama thing and graciously shared with me, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep! I just fnished 38 hours practically non-stop and went from cold or something of a strong nature to healthy again! Wishing you health! And my favorite pet was one that fell in my door one day in Jordan; someone had removed its eye and slit its throat (not untypical there where there is almost a fear of cats and dogs). I was able to save it, thanks to a talented vet, and it became a very loving cat, always wanting to sit on my lap and cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moooooooorning Momma :) How was your weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked this post. I love Jeremiah 29:11 too. I like Early MOrning. Itis so quiet.

    ReplyDelete