I've been blogging about two and a half months and I think Laura has been following me and encouraging me for most of that time.
She's a very kind farm girl with lot's of great ideas and a love for her family and country and most of all her Lord.
She has a great blog page too, and she changes it so you don't get bored.
1) Say thank you to the presenter of the award and link back to them
2) Share 10 honest things about yourself
3) Present this award to 7 other people whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4) tell those 7 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving it. (doing that now)
1) Jesus is my Lord and savior. I am a sinner and every day I go to the Lord with the details and sins of my life. He guides me and forgives me and cares about everything in my life. Thank you, Lord.
2) I love my family and I love being a SAHM and homeshooler, but will have to get a job soon and the kids are going to public school.
3) Which brings me to this one, "I don't really like change". I'm going to be experiencing a lot of change real soon.
4) Nan @ momstheword and I go to the same church. Her husband is my pastor.
5) I was in the U.S. Navy for six years. I had jobs as a police officer and a construction woman.
6) I was married once before for almost ten years.
7) I've had one miscarriage.
8) I got saved by American missionaries who were in the Philippines to serve the Americans in the military while they were in the P.I. The place we gathered was called The Overseas Christian Service men's Center located just off the base.
9) I've been married to my hubs for fifteen years. He likes serving so he is very helpful around the house which makes life wonderful for me. He's a dedicated and committed man to whatever cause he is working for.
10) Like Laura, I am familiar with hitch hiking. Only I was the hitch hiker. My friend and I would do this in tenth grade (not my good old buddy of 36 years). I was very afraid to get in cars with strangers, but I trusted her. I was so naive. In addition to that, my basketball coach/PE teacher from junior high school saw me and was very concerned telling me to stop doing it.
Here are the 7 bloggy buddies I'v selected though I'm sure most of them have already received this award. Also, there are more than 7 I would love to select so it was hard to choose. So many have great blogs and have been supportive of me.
1) Nan at Momstheword
2) Erica at Scottsville
3) Andrea at Arise 2 Write
4) Beth at I'm Heading Towards My Destiny
5) Kat at Art's Chili
6) Christy Rose at The Secret Life of an American Wife
7) Mikki at The View From My Beach Chair
I'm selecting one more bloggy buddy because one of our ladies has had the Honest Scrap Award already and she wanted to give someone else an opportunity.
I select Darcy Lee at In This Season.
Have a great week!! Love Mocha Momma