Monday, June 15, 2009

Changes Are Coming My Way

I'm not sure what I'm going to write tonight. We've pretty much finished school, we're doing some cleaning.


I'm trying to stay on top of the weeding and laundry and there are some changes coming our way.


I guess I'll share about these changes.


Homeschooling has been so good for us and so fun, but as I saw that we weren't able to make ends meet I felt compelled to go back to work.


I have to admit the math and language arts were getting frustrating and difficult for me as well. I have not been very patient with my kids and I feel like I need to let go and move on. I support and encourage any homeschoolers out there, these are just my circumstances. It's my story. Everyone has a different story.


I haven't worked for fourteen years, my kids have never been to public school and my husband is looking for a new job. These are not end of the world circumstances, I know, but I personally do not like change.


I like structure, predictability, consistency, routines...you know, no changes. Sometimes I'm flexible and spur of the moment, but I'm not known for it.


I've also been doing things my way and at my own pace (slow) for those fourteen years. I'm scared and yet I am excited to get some of the changing going. Once I'm on board, I'm fine with change, but if it's not my idea and I have to change, I'm a little stubborn.


That brings me to God who never changes. In a world of constant changes knowing He remains the same is comforting. I know I can depend on Him to bring me through these changes. Thank the good Lord.


Filling out applications on line is a new experience for me. It has taken a long time and I haven't completely finished one yet. I need references, letters of recommendation, college transcripts (oh please, it's been about twenty years since I've been in college),


previous experience, and explanations of how my skills and experience will benefit these employers. I have to really toot my horn about what I've been doing for the last fourteen years. It has been a real challenge. This is only the beginning. It could take months to find a job.


I'm apprehensive because my kids will be in school most of the day and I'll be gone all day. I'm not used to them walking to and from school (if they have to) and then being home alone until someone gets here.


My husband is nearing the possibility of landing a new job (pray about his interview this Wednesday, June 17th) and that will mean he will work day shift. He has worked swing shift for years which has been great while homeschooling.


It has worked out nicely because he has been able to help with school and be with us all morning. He works on projects and repairs too. We have our main meal at lunchtime and he goes to work.


If I were going to be at home while everything else changed, I'd be okay with that, but I'm going to go through a big change too. Different schedules, different meal time, working and doing all that I do now (like all of you working mom's have done for years. Kuddos to you all.), homework in the evenings and ...well you all know. To me, that is scary!!!


God never said it would be easy or that we could do it all our way, so I'm placing everything in His hands (it is anyway) and praying for the peace that passes all understanding.


I'd appreciate any prayers that you might offer up to Jesus for our family. Thanks. Now let's enjoy summer!!

10 comments:

  1. :WAVES: Just popping by to see how everythings going :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how funny! I just wrote on your wall on facebook that you should blog something, and you already had. I just didn't know about it, lol!

    I'll be praying for the job interview on Wed., as well as a job for you, and the kid's adjustment (and your own).

    You are right. The Lord doesn't change, and He is faithful to get us through change!

    You may want to make up a few extra freezer meals so you don't have to cook as much during the work week. That way you can pop them in when you get home.

    As for school, I'll bet you guys will do fine helping with homework. Or give me a call if you need help (especially with English, you know how I love teaching English. It's my favorite subject. Well, that and Health).

    Remember, Kevin is great with Algebra. And Trig too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot of changes coming your way. But God is faithful...it will all work out. I will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not real crazy about change either! But I know that God always sees us through. So I will pray He gives you the peace to glide through it all. Take care my friend! And I hope you have a great summer before all the change!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Nannette,

    Well I am glad you have Nan nearby to help you with English and math. That is a big step already.

    I will be praying for your husband’s interview. God IS in control…do not worry about tomorrow…He cares for you.

    I am interested in hearing more about your camping plans.

    Enjoy your summer day.

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  6. PTL, that He is unchanging and forever faithful! I will be praying for you and your family in the months to come. Change can be a wonderful thing! I do understand your apprehension about it all though. I felt the same way going from working in the public school system for 11 years, to leaving to homeschool. It took a big leap of faith on our parts, but God has provided and we are so very thankful that we have had this opportunity!

    I agree with momstheword about making up a few extra freezer meals so you don't have to worry about cooking throughout the week. We are starting OAMC (once a month cooking) here and I am so excited about the possibility of having some FREE TIME! :> )

    Blessings to you and your family, Nannette~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nanette,

    I just sent you the 'code' to put your "button link" up on your sidebar. Let me know as soon as you install it, so I can test it and make sure it's all working properly. =0)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pecan pie is exactly what this recipe reminds us of, too. My daughter and I were saying that this morning, except this uses walnuts, which might actually be less expensive, instead of pecans. If you like pecan pie, I think you will love this!

    ♥Hope

    I bet you will have a fun time doing a campout in the back yard, and the bathroom is better than at a campground. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So did Erica make you a button? I see a button but no code beneath it so can't install it on my blog. Let me know when you get the code put on there.

    Be praying about the interview tomorrow.

    And thank you, I like my haircut too! And no I wasn't joking about the help!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by; looks as though we have a few of the same bloggy friends! I don't like change either....way too scary, but then I remember God is in control and it is His plan that I can only see a pinhole of. I hope and pray that all works out.

    ReplyDelete