Friday, June 26, 2009

Milestones for Mocha Momma's Kids





I'm having a hard time thinking of something to write so I looked at some pictures and found this one.

This is my kids and me after the Awana awards ceremony. They both had a milestone year. My daughter finished her fourth Awana book earning the Timothy award. My son finished his sixth Awana book, earning the Meritorious Award.

Now to me this is a big deal. When my son got his award I stood up and cheered and said "we did it". Because it took a lot of hard work on my part to get him to study on his own and he has learned to time himself and study and complete this on his own.

My daughter is younger and I'm still in the hard work stage of motivating, nagging and threatening. I try not to threaten or nag, but I do.

More importantly is for our kids to claim a relationship of their own with the Lord. Not mine or Awana's or anyone elses. We've raised them to be christians, but it must be their choice to follow Him.

I'm glad they have memorized so much scripture, but now it's time for them to really put it to work in their lives. Good job kids! I'm proud of you.

10 comments:

  1. I'm proud of 'em too! That's a lot of hard word but it's good to get the word in their hearts like that. It will come back to them when they need to hear it, or someone else does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome accomplishment for both of them! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to all of you!
    You cannot do better than to memorize scriptures.

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree, kids have to have their own relationship with the Lord it cannot be their parents or anyone elses. I learned that the hard way as a kid...I was trying to live my life for the Lord through my father...who was a pastor. It took me a while to find my own relationship with the Lord. I am praying it doesn't take my kids that long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! Congrats you guys!!! Way to work hard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praising GOD with you. AWESOME...congradulations to both Mom and the kids!
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a blessing to have such amazing children!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh. Awana's!!! My girls grew up in Awana's!! We loved it!! It is such a wonderful program that builds a great foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mocha Momma,
    I thought and hoped you were doing the 6 challenge too! Well, this picture and celebration is even better. Rejoicing with you and the Word that is hidden and bubbling over from your children's lives.

    Rejoicing in the rain,
    Sarah Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a nice picture of you...it really shows the joy in your heart...and for good reason...in all we teach our children none is more golden than to learn HIS blessed word.

    ReplyDelete