Monday, June 22, 2009

Random Thoughts For Today


"This is the day that the Lord hath made. I will rejoice and be glad in it" Psalm 118:24. I learned this Bible verse as a song years ago.


It just came to mind because today brought to mind some of the things that may or may not need to be done and the cost of such things.

I know that God created each day fresh and new. And He can help us make the decisions we need to make.



This is God's day, not the orthodontist's, or optometrist's, or the oral surgeon's, or the doctor's. I can only depend on God to give me the straight forward truth and answers. These folks have knowledge beyond my own, but God has the answers I need.



My day wasn't really fowled up, but it just hit me in the last hour or so all that is going on here. I got concerned and then realized that I need to give it back to God because he has every answer, even for every day decisions like the ones we need to make.


This morning we went to the orthodontist for my daughter. The Dr. showed me x-rays, drawings, a mold of my daughter's teeth and all the types of things he wants to put in her mouth as soon as possible before she grows too much and these things are harder to do when kids get older and on and on. He talked for about forty minutes. I was overwhelmed!



Then the receptionist came in to explain the cost and payment schedule and extra costs if the payments are late. She talked for about twenty minutes. These are very nice people, but they are also in a business to sell a product. Only God can tell us how necessary this all is.



I left there feeling guilty because I didn't make a decision then and there. After all the Dr. "...would do this for his own daughter" and he wouldn't recommend something he "...wouldn't do with his own daughter's teeth."



I know guilt is not something to hang onto so I chatted with God most of the way home and He reminded me that He had the answer and not to worry. It's still overwhelming to think about.



I explained some of it to my hubby whom I thought would say "No way!" He didn't say much. I think he needs to mull it over for a while too.



So the next adventure was to the Drumming School. My BIL has offered to pay for lessons for our son. I couldn't pass up an offer like that so we went to check the place out. It all seemed okay and we signed up for a lesson for next Monday. This is a good thing after this morning's news.


Of course we couldn't find the freeway on the way back.
You see, around here there are a lot of one way streets and bridges and construction so you rarely get to go home the same way you came. I found a long way to get back to the freeway. Next time I'll ask for directions to get back out of there to the freeway.


Next up is my appointment tomorrow to get a molar pulled. I'm crying already because I already had the same one on the other side of my mouth pulled. I'll be missing two bottom major chewing surfaces. Oh dear, will I have to be on soft foods for the rest of my life? No, I'll be fine.

The only thing is, what can we afford as replacement teeth? Only God knows. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.


I just feel like things are getting away from me. I also need stronger glasses which I won't wear full time because I'm not in denial. I'm not a control freak either. Anyway, just a few things on my plate along with the job search.

So I'm asking you bloggy friends to send up some prayers to the Lord Jesus for these decisions that need to be made. Thanks.

10 comments:

  1. rofl love the chicken :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying. I remember when #1 got his braces because of grinding his teeth down and jaw alignment problems, etc. The nurse said "The insurance will pay for $1,000 of it so your portion will only be $4,500!" And I was like "Love how you say ONLY $4500 like it's nothing!"

    I have a friend that went to a cheaper place to get braces. She seemed quite happy with it. You want me to ask where she went?

    Love the chicken on the door. To cute!

    Yeah, that storm was wierd. I thought we were going to have a serious thunderstorm but it just went away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Dear Nannette.

    It does seem like your plate is full. Bless the Lord and give it to HIM. I understand you feel overwhelmed but it seems you are on the right track.

    It is so hard for me to remember FIRST give it to him. I can do that with the big stuff...but I always forget with things like the orthodontist...I always mull it over, go over the books, think about it some more and then when I feel defeated...give it to HIM.

    And a different topic...may I suggest you just not say a word but start to fix meals that fit your husband's diabetic diet??? He will start to feel better and lose weight again...and then when he sees the difference again he may perhaps become dedicated to his care again.

    I found this to be a very effective way to help others who have a hard time sticking with a good diet. My girl friend from Ohio comes to visit periodically. She is diabetic and finds it impossible to stick with her diet.

    She writes me after every visit here, that eating well at my house encouraged her to get back on her diet and that she lost some weight for it and is feeling great. I never ask her about her numbers or do anything different when she is here...she just notices the difference in a few days or a week of eating well and decides to continue for herself.

    Happy Day!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you sweet Lady! I'm going back to the dentist today...ugh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling chicken. =0)

    I will pray for ya, Girly!!!

    And as for the parking ticket? ACTUALLY it was hubby driving, hubby parked there, and hubby will be dealing with it. It wasn't me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Nannette,

    Yes, it all can be very overwhelming, and your situation sound trying. Hang in there! You are doing well to give it all back to God.

    There is something I have to do, that stresses me each time I think of it, and I keep putting it on the back burner. However, I realize I must deal with it soon and was just thinking about it this morning.

    We need God’s strength. God tells us that His strength is made perfect in weakness. Dear God, please be our strength today.

    We were told that our daughter had a cross bite. Bill and I both have cross bites and have survived just fine, so I really do not know if it is that serious.

    But we went ahead and spent $1000 on it. Well, when we finished the treatment they told us would correct it, they told wanted us to spend more money doing something more. I thought, “Hey, wait a minute…why did you not say this from the beginning.” I felt like it was just a way to keep making money off of us. We did not go any further with it. My daughter has a beautiful smile already. I believe she is going to be just fine.

    I hope you find the right answer for your situation.

    Happy Monday!

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  7. One other thing...if you took pictures of your tent...I would love to see them. :)

    ♥Hope

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mocha Mom,

    Sending prayers for healing, restoration, strength, divine guidance and wisdom in all situations. Our GOD is greater than any struggle or trial we face and HE has all the answers. I pray that the road before you would be clear and the path evident for you. May GOD give you comfort, peace, and grace for your journey.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I am right there with you my friend! Some days it can be very overwhelming. But you are right. This is the day the Lord hath made and all things are in His hands. Thank you for that great reminder. And btw, I love that song ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will pray for you! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now but it will all work itself out for the best.


    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such sweet comments :)

    ReplyDelete